MEPs delay Brexit trade vote until UK respects withdrawal agreement
The Foreign Affairs and International Trade Committees will vote on whether to give their consent to the trade and co-operation agreement between the EU and the UK on Thursday (15 April).
Time: Thursday, 15 April, 13.00-13.30 CET.
Venue: Brussels, Altiero Spinelli (1G-3) and remote participation.
At the extraordinary meeting, MEPs on the foreign affairs and trade committees will decide whether to recommend that Parliament give its consent to the agreement currently in provisional application until 30 April. The full House is to take the final decision, as well as adopt a separate resolution, at a future plenary session. The Parliament’s Conference of Presidents has decided not to set a plenary date yet, in order to emphasise the need for the UK side to fully implement the Withdrawal Agreement before doing so.
- The agenda of the meeting and the draft recommendation will be available here (15.04.2021)
- Rapporteur for the Foreign Affairs Committee (AFET): Andreas Schieder (S&D, AT)
- Rapporteur for the International Trade Committee (INTA): Christophe Hansen (EPP, LU)
- Steps of the procedure
- Multimedia material on EU-UK relations
- Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Committee on International Trade