Covid live: Brazil passes 500,000 deaths; 70% of England’s adults ‘should be fully vaccinated by 19…
- People in UK with both jabs may not have to quarantine, says scientist
- Under-18s could be ‘reservoirs’ for virus when all UK adults are jabbed
- Uganda Olympic athlete arriving in Tokyo tests positive for coronavirus
- Masks compulsory indoors in parts of Sydney as cluster grows to nine
- ‘Devastated’ Phuket races to vaccinate in time for holiday season
Vietnam has received a shipment of 500,000 Sinopharm vaccine doses donated by China, the health ministry said on Sunday, as the country is ramping up inoculations to battle against a more widespread outbreak.
Authorities in the country of 98 million approved China’s Sinopharm vaccine for emergency use against Covid-19 in early June.
Canada has secured enough potential coronavirus vaccines to fully protect every resident nearly seven times over, even as a global shortage has forced poorer nations to wait.
After initial hiccups with its vaccination plan, more than 65% of Canadians have now received at least one dose, edging ahead of early leaders Israel and the UK, and on Friday, Justin Trudeau said 68m doses will have arrived in Canada by the end of July.Continue reading...