House approves bill to temporarily avoid risk of ‘catastrophic’ debt default – live
- House passes bill to raise US debt ceiling through early December
- Social Security benefits to rise for 70 million people
- US to lift travel restrictions at Canada and Mexico borders
- Millions in US fear utility shutoffs as debts rise
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
The FDA on Wednesday released a set of new, voluntary guidelines to help Americans eat less salt.
The long-awaited guidelines, aim to reduce the average daily sodium intake by 12% over the next 2.5 years by pressuring food manufacturers, restaurants and other food service companies to significantly reduce their use of salt. The guidance outlines 163 categories, from baby food, to cheese, to cookies.Continue reading...