Fauci says new US coronavirus cases could hit 100,000 a day in stark warning to Senate – live
- Top health expert says US is sliding backwards on handling of pandemic
- Amy McGrath wins over Charles Booker in Kentucky primary
- Reports: ‘Russian bounties’ intelligence was in Trump daily briefing
- EU bans travelers from US
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
With the stroke of his pen, Republican Gov. Tate Reeves retired the state’s 126-year-old flag, immediately removing its official status.
“This is not a political moment to me but a solemn occasion to lead our Mississippi family to come together, to be reconciled, and to move on,” Reeves said in a statement. “We are a resilient people defined by our hospitality. We are a people of great faith. Now, more than ever, we must lean on that faith, put our divisions behind us, and unite for a greater good.”