Coronavirus live news: world sees record 400,000 new cases in a single day; Italy's PM to announce …
Belgium and Austria’s foreign ministers test positive; UK adviser supports short ‘circuit breaker’ lockdown; Angela Merkel asks Germans to stay home
- Wales circuit breaker ‘to begin on 23 October’
- Police disperse drinkers protesting against tier 2 rules in London
- Greater Manchester standoff ‘could lead to overwhelmed hospitals’
- Covid cases and deaths: coronavirus UK map
- Coronavirus – latest updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Marigolds, known in Mexico as “the flower of the dead” for a scent believed be strong and sweet enough to attract souls and draw them back, are generally all around by mid-October as the Day of the Dead approaches.
But with the country exceeding 85,700 official deaths from the coronavirus pandemic this year, the bright, orange color has not been as prominent as Mexican authorities have said cemeteries will remain closed for the 2 November celebration, Reuters reports.
People in England who have been told to self-isolate through NHS test and trace could have their contact details passed to police, a move some fear could deter people from being tested for coronavirus.
Police forces will be able to access information about people “on a case-by-case” basis, so they can learn whether an individual has been told to self-isolate, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHCS) said.Continue reading...