Coronavirus live news: Tokyo reports record daily cases as Mexico deaths pass 100,000
Donald Trump Jr tests positive for Covid; South Australia lockdown to end at midnight on Saturday; global cases pass 57.5m. Follow latest updates
- Donald Trump Jr tests positive for coronavirus
- US records highest number of daily coronavirus deaths since May
- NHS could start using vaccine next month, says Hancock
- Trials to begin in UK for antibody cocktail drug treatment
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Poland’s prime minister has asked people in the country not to travel over Christmas, and announced that while shops would reopen most coronavirus restrictions would be extended.
“Please do not plan any trips,” Mateusz Morawiecki said at a press conference, adding that the government was looking at ways of imposing movement restrictions, according to the AFP news agency.
A planned travel bubble between Hong Kong and Singapore was scrapped a day before its launch on Saturday after the southern Chinese city announced a sudden spike in coronavirus cases, according to AFP.
The two financial hubs have both suffered mild outbreaks. But with small populations and a heavy dependence on links to the outside world they have been hard hit as the global economy collapsed.