What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Cricket West Indies rope in legendary batter Brian Lara as performance mentor

Brexiter

Brian Lara
Cricket West Indies (CWI) have appointed legendary batter Brian Lara as performance mentor of their international teams. Not only this, Lara would also work with the the academy, where he has to assist various coaches in “providing players with tactical advice and improving their game sense”.

“Having spent time with the players and coaches in Australia and in discussions with CWI, I really believe that I can help the players with their mental approach to the game and with their tactics to be more successful,” Lara told the reporters on Friday.

His first assignment in the new role will be with the Windies Test side on the upcoming tour of Zimbabwe. After the conclusion of the Test series in mid-February, Lara will have to take a short break in order to discharge his duties as the head coach of IPL franchise Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH).

Lara was recently included in the CWI review panel following their shocking exit at the 2022 ICC men’s T20 World Cup. The Men in Maroon were subsequently swept 2-0 by hosts Australia in the two-match Test series and now need some major changes in the team as well as management before building a core group for this year’s ODI World Cup in India.

“I am really looking forward to Brian making a significant contribution to our cricket system by providing invaluable guidance and advice to our players and coaches,” James Adams, the CWI Director of Cricket, said in his official statement.

“We are confident that Brian will help to improve our high-performance mindset and strategic culture that will bring us more success on the field across all formats. Everyone is excited to have Brian involved in supporting our players.”

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back