What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

S Sreesanth reveals his best IPL 2023 XI; picks only one overseas player

Brexiter

Sreesanth names his best IPL 2023 XI
The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 ended with MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings (CSK) clinching their fifth title after beating Gujarat Titans (GT) in the summit clash. The 16th season of the cash-rich league saw dominance from Indian players in all departments, with Shubman Gill winning the Orange Cap and Mohammad Shami grabbing the Purple Cap.

With many uncapped and Indian players rising the charts this season, former India pacer S Sreesanth has named his best XI of IPL 2023, featuring as many as 10 Indian players in his special team. Sreesanth went with Yashasvi Jaiswal and Gill as his openers, along with Ajinkya Rahane and Virat Kohli in the middle order. Sree named MS Dhoni as the captain as well as the wicketkeeper of his team. Gill finished the tournament with 890 runs in 17 matches, including three centuries.

“MS Dhoni will lead my side. (Yashasvi) Jaiswal and (Shubman) Gill are going to open for me. No. 3 will be Virat Kohli. No. 4 – the way (Ajinkya) Rahane has been playing is insane. So I will surely put Rahane,” said Sreesanth while talking to Star Sports.

Sreesanth picked Suryakumar Yadav for the number 5 position and had a toss-up between Shivam Dube and Rinku Singh for the number 6 spot. Notably, Dube scored 418 runs at a remarkable strike rate of 158.33, while Rinku amassed 474 runs at an impressive strike rate of 149.52. Sreesanth said: “SKY (Suryakumar Yadav) is going to be my No. 5. Then I will have Shivam Dube because of the way he has been performing. It will be slash Rinku Singh. My keeper obviously will be Mahi bhai (Dhoni).”

When it comes to the bowling department, the Kerala cricketer went with the likes of Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shami and only one overseas player in the form of Rashid Khan. Shami bagged the Purple Cap after finishing with 28 wickets in 17 matches. Similarly, Rashid (27), Yuzvendra (21), and Siraj (19) also shined with the ball this season.

“Bowling unit will be literally GT bowling unit because Mohammad Shami, I will have Rashid (Khan), and I will have Yuzvendra (Chahal) from Rajasthan Royals, and one more bowler will be (Mohammed) Siraj,” added Sreesanth.

S Sreesanth’s best IPL 2023 XI: Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Suryakumar Yadav, Shivam Dube/Rinku Singh, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Mohammad Shami, Rashid Khan, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back