What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

SL vs ZIM, 1st T20I: R. Premadasa Stadium Pitch Report, Colombo Weather Forecast, T20I Stats & Records | Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 2024

Brexiter

Wanindu Hasaranga and Sikandar Raza
In a highly anticipated clash, Sri Lanka is set to face off against Zimbabwe in the inaugural match of the upcoming three-match T20I series, scheduled to take place on January 14 at the renowned R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo.

The Sri Lankan team approaches this fixture with confidence, having secured a series-clinching victory over the Zimbabwean side in the preceding ODI leg. As the cricketing spotlight shifts to the T20I format, both teams are gearing up for a crucial showdown.

For Sri Lanka, this T20I series holds significant importance as they aim to build momentum ahead of the T20 World Cup 2024, a prestigious event looming on the horizon later this year. The Islanders are eager to fine-tune their skills and strategies, eyeing success in the shortest format of the game.

On the other side, Zimbabwe is determined to mount a strong comeback after their setback in the ODI series. The T20Is present an opportunity for the Zimbabwean team to regroup, showcase their resilience, and make a statement by turning the tide in their favor.

T20I Stats and Records at R. Premadasa Stadium​

• Total matches: 55
  • Matches won batting first: 23
  • Matches won bowling first: 31
  • Average first innings scores: 143
  • Average second innings scores: 128
  • Highest total recorded: 215/5 (19.4 Ov) by Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka
  • Lowest total recorded: 80/10 (17.2 Ov) by Afghanistan vs England
  • Highest score chased: 215/5 (19.4 Ov) by Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka
  • Lowest score defended: 115/6 (20 Ov) by South Africa vs Sri Lanka

Also READ: Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 2024, T20I Series: Broadcast, Live Streaming details: When and where to watch in India, Pakistan, UK & other countries

R. Premadasa Stadium Pitch Report​

The pitch at R. Premadasa Stadium typically exhibits a preference for batters in the early stages of T20Is but gradually transforms into a spinner-friendly wicket as the game advances. A balanced contest between bat and ball throughout the match at this venue is expected to take place. Pursuing a target on this pitch may pose challenges, making the decision to bat first a likely choice for the captain who wins the toss.

Colombo Weather Forecast:​

Colombo weather forecast

Colombo weather forecast (Image Source: Twitter)

The weather outlook for the Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe first T20I match in Colombo is promising, with a fortunate decrease in the likelihood of rain, ensuring a full-fledged match for spectators without interruptions. The temperature is anticipated to hover around 31 degrees Celsius, accompanied by a humidity level of approximately 64%. Additionally, the forecast predicts a moderate wind speed of 23 kilometers per hour.

SL vs ZIM 1st T20I, Probable Playing XI​

Sri Lanka: Kusal Mendis (wk), Pathum Nissanka, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Wanindu Hasaranga (c), Dhananjaya de Silva, Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka, Dushmantha Chameera, Dilshan Madushanka, Maheesh Theekshana

Zimbabwe: Ryan Burl, Craig Ervine, Joylord Gumbie (wk), Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza (c), Brian Bennett, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani, Richard Ngarava

Also READ: Riyan Parag reacts thrillingly as his IPL teammate Dhruv Jurel earns maiden Indian team call-up

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back