What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Traffic Stopper & Head Turner, 'Federer Express' Is On The Right Track

Brexiter

It was all aboard the Federer Express in Basel Friday when Swiss legend Roger Federer inaugurated a sleek new tram named in his honour.

Painted head-to-toe with images from Federer's playing days and decked out inside with factoids about his career and even seats in the style of on-court player benches, the tram is sure to be a traffic stopper when it's pressed into service in the near future.

"The project was very important to me. That is why it is a great honour for me to be able to see the tram on the streets of Basel in the future," Federer said.

Hopping aboard the Fedexpress!???Thank you for the incredible honor. It feels like just yesterday I was a boy getting to practice everyday on No.8 ?? Dangge Basel pic.twitter.com/F396FkIg1H

— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) October 22, 2021

He later tweeted: "Thank you for the incredible honor. It feels like just yesterday I was a boy getting to practice everyday on No.8," the former No. 1 wrote on Instagram.

Federer, who recently underwent his third knee surgery, has not played since Wimbledon but is eyeing a comeback in 2022.

Roger Federer inaugurates the 'Federer Express' tram in Basel. Credit: Basler Verkehrs-Betriebe/Bettina Matthiessen

Photos courtesy Basler Verkehrs-Betriebe/Bettina Matthiessen

Back