What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Twitter reaction: Sikandar Raza’s exceptional all-around efforts in vain as Sri Lanka beat Zimbabwe in a thriller in 1st T20I

Brexiter

Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe
In the 1st T20I of the three-match series between Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe at R. Premadasa Stadium on Sunday (January 14), Sri Lanka emerged victorious by three wickets in a closely contested encounter, despite Sikandar Raza‘s exceptional efforts with both bat and ball for Zimbabwe.

Sikandar Raza leads Zimbabwe to a respectable total​

Opting to bowl first after winning the toss, Sri Lanka witnessed Zimbabwe post a competitive 143/5 in their allotted 20 overs. Raza played a pivotal role, crafting an impressive innings of 62 runs off 42 balls, embellished with 5 fours and 2 sixes. Supporting contributions came from Tinashe Kamunhukamwe (26), Sean Williams (14) and Luke Jongwe (13). The Sri Lankan bowling attack stood out with notable displays from Maheesh Theekshana (2/16) and Wanindu Hasaranga (2/19).

Also READ: Fans praise Sikandar Raza as his resilient batting propels Zimbabwe to a competitive total against Sri Lanka in 1st T20I

Sri Lankan registers a thrilling victory​

In pursuit of the target set by Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka faced a challenging task of 144 runs. Angelo Mathews (46) and Dasun Shanaka (26*) emerged as the primary architects of Sri Lanka’s innings, guiding their team to victory in the last ball of the match. Despite Sikandar Raza’s impactful all-around performance, picking 3 wickets for 13 runs in his four overs, Sri Lanka showcased resilience and determination to secure a thrilling win. Mathews was named player of the match in the end.

Here’s how Twitter reacted:​

Sikandar Raza was exceptional!!!! The whole team tried . Better luck next time Chevrons.

— AALIYAH NICOLE (@aaliyah_asani) January 14, 2024

A stupendous all-round show from Sikandar Raza, but comeback man Angelo Mathews and Dasun Shanaka did the rescue act for Sri Lanka, before Dushmantha Chameera held his cool at the finish 👏

A Sunday thriller in Colombo!

#SLvZIM #PAKvsNZ #PakistanCricketTeam pic.twitter.com/sMyRzGWSVC

— Usman awan (@Malikusmanawann) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza will go down as one of our best Cricketers in Zimbabwe. He just was part of the generation that was affected by leadership issues

— ✞ (@cruelsankara) January 14, 2024

Mathews and Shanaka(two current fav SL batters) have done it for Srilanka
Another fine all round performance by Sikandar Raza came in losing cause, you gotta feel for him but warra game of cricket🔥🔥 #SLvZIM pic.twitter.com/uDlZBtjAHh

— Ahsaan Elahi (@Callme_ahsaan) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza, the one man Army for Zimbabwe

He was the top-scorer as well as the most successful bowler for his side#SLvZIM #MyGP pic.twitter.com/CNQcGchorE

— Omar Faruque (@OmarFar46196492) January 14, 2024

Our struggle with the bat & the ball overpowers the joy of a win. More factors to be worried and concerned about. On the other hand, well played Zimbabwe, almost took the game away from us !! #SLvZIM #CricketTwitter

— Prabath🇱🇰 (@Prabathkv96) January 14, 2024

Experienced duo Mathews and Shanaka take Sri Lanka home as 🇱🇰 BEAT Zimbabwe by 3 wickets!

A fantastic start to the 3-match T20I series with a 1-0 lead!🎉

📝 Full Scorecard: https://t.co/pRnUNNPgkY#SLvZIM pic.twitter.com/pwwKRYIYsY

— Sri Lanka Cricket 🇱🇰 (@OfficialSLC) January 14, 2024

Sri Lanka win the 1st T20I by 3 wickets, to take a 1-0 lead in the 3-match series#SLvZIM pic.twitter.com/yFTb2d9DlZ

— Zimbabwe Cricket (@ZimCricketv) January 14, 2024

Whether you like or not, you gotta agree that Mathews is the best batsman today. Well played mathews and shanaka ❤️#SLvZIM

— Munsif Muzammir (@_munsif_) January 14, 2024

Can't believe a certain pundit wanted Shanaka out of the side today😂 without him this whole lineup can't win vs Zimbabwe even😂😂

— Jayith Liyanage🇱🇰 (@JayithL) January 14, 2024

Shanaka is one of the greatest srilankan players of all time

— Hashim (@Hashim62396885) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza. Thats it. Thats the tweet.

— Adam Theo🇿🇼🏏 (@AdamTheofilatos) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza is a champion Allrounder. Always stands up in crunch situations 🔥❤️ Gritty fifty is followed by important wickets. Take a bow, SR #Zimbabwe #SLvsZIM

— Shehryar Sajid Khan (@Sskwrites) January 14, 2024

SIKANDAR RAZA!!! What a legend he is

— Safi (@cricket747) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza playing havoc with SL

— mohsinali (@mohsinaliisb) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza 🇿🇼🏏

– Batting: 62 (42)
– Bowling: 3/13 (4)#SLvZIM pic.twitter.com/qk52tUQz1t

— Zohaib Hussain 🇵🇰 (@CricZobbiH56) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza is being played like he's Rashid Khan! #SLvZIM

— Sameer Yoonus (@samsperspective) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza 🔥🔥🔥#SLvZIM

— Chatil Panditasekara (@ChatilPandi) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza what a genius T20 player…
62 runs in 42 balls & 4-0-13-3#SLvZIM

— JSK (@imjsk27) January 14, 2024

Sikandar Raza. That is his name!

— larry kwirirayi ✍📔 (@kwirirayi) January 14, 2024

I know SKY will win T20 POY but my vote would be Sikandar Raza, carrying Zimbabwe with such consistency with both bat and ball. It's genuinely insane!

— Don Mateo (@DonMateo_X14) January 14, 2024

What Raza has done in the last couple of years is truly insane.

— Faizan (@Sydbarrett71) January 14, 2024

Also READ: Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 2024, T20I Series: Broadcast, Live Streaming details: When and where to watch in India, Pakistan, UK & other countries

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back