What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

When a phone call from MS Dhoni convinced Dwayne Bravo to stay with CSK after IPL retirement

Brexiter

Dwayne Bravo, MS Dhoni
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) bowling coach Dwayne Bravo recently expressed his deep gratitude for the opportunity to be a part of the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise. Following their remarkable victory in the IPL 2023 final on Monday, where CSK matched the Mumbai Indians’ (MI) record for the most IPL titles, Bravo took the time to write a heartfelt note. Notably, the MS Dhoni-led side delivered an outstanding performance, defeating the Gujarat Titans (GT), in a thrilling contest by five wickets.

In a nail-biting contest that stretched to the Reserve Day, Ravindra Jadeja emerged as the hero, hitting the winning runs by elegantly gliding Mohit Sharma’s delivery down the leg side for a boundary through the fine leg region. A rain delay resulted in a revised target for CSK, with their goal changing from 215 runs in 20 overs to 171 runs in 15 overs. Despite losing some wickets along the way, Ruturaj Gaikwad and Devon Conway provided a solid start for the Super Kings. It was Jadeja and Shivam Dube who showed nerves of steel and guided the team to a remarkable victory.

Bravo expressed his admiration for CSK’s fast bowlers, including Matheesha Pathirana, Deepak Chahar, Rajvardhan Hangargekar, and others, following the team’s triumph. He lauded their skills and contributions, acknowledging their vital role in CSK’s success. Bravo also reflected on his decision to retire from the IPL and his subsequent transition to becoming a coach. He shared that when he announced his retirement, it was a bittersweet moment, but he was grateful for a successful IPL career. However, he received a phone call from CSK captain, MS Dhoni, and head coach, Stephen Fleming, who invited him to join the coaching staff.

“Where do I begin! A year ago when I decided to announce my retirement from IPL cricket it was a sad moment but at the same time I was grateful for a successful IPL career. As fate would have it I received a phone call from @chennaiipl captain @mahi7781 and head coach Stephen Fleming @stephen_fleming_ who invited me to be a part of the coaching staff. I had no doubt in my mind that this was the direction I wanted to take my new cricketing career. I’ve always had the vision in my mind of one day sharing what I can only describe as my God given talents as a cricketer to what it is right now – a coach for one of the best teams in IPL history,” Bravo wrote on Instagram.

“To our fans who supported us throughout the entire season you all are the real champions. Everywhere we go and at every game there was always a sea of yellow; thank you always for your continued support and love. To my team; a big congratulations on this great victory and what I consider one the most memorable seasons in IPL cricket. To the coaching staff thank you for embracing me, I cannot say thank you enough. As one of the youngest members of the coaching staff it has been a huge learning process for me but I’m enjoying every second of it.”

“Special mention must be given to bowling coach Eric @trilogygroupza; it truly felt like a partnership working and learning alongside him. To the young bowling team @matheesha.pathirana_99 @ravindra.jadeja @deepak_chahar9 @maheesh_theekshana @rajvardhan__hangargekar @akkionfire @dwainep_29 big congratulations to each and every one of you, this victory is a result of your dedication and hard work.”

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back