What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

‘I couldn’t sleep’: Mohit Sharma opens up about his mental state after heartbreaking last over in IPL 2023 final

Brexiter

Mohit Sharma
Cricket is a cruel sport where some become heroes, and some have to settle with the tag of the villain. The final of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Gujarat Titans (GT) saw something similar, with one side jumping in joy and the other left devastated despite giving it their all. While CSK’s Ravindra Jadeja emerged out to be the star of the game after hitting the winning runs, GT’s Mohit Sharma was left heartbroken and burdened with the failure of not being able to defend the target set by his team.

It is worth mentioning that the summit clash of the IPL 2023 went down to the wire, with CSK requiring ten runs of the last two balls and Jadeja hitting a six and a four on Mohit’s deliveries to finish the game in his team’s favour. Although Mohit had bowled pinpoint yorkers in the first four balls of the final over, he couldn’t maintain the length in the match-deciding moment of the game that eventually costed GT the trophy.

Mohit has now opened up about that final over against Jadeja while talking to the Indian Express. The right-arm pacer not only shed light on his strategy and state of mind during the crunch moment of the game but also revealed that he’s finding it difficult to move on and couldn’t sleep after the loss,

“My mind was very clear in what I wanted to do. In the nets, I had practiced such situations and I have been in such scenarios before too. So I said let me bowl all balls yorkers and was backing my instinct,” said Mohit.

“I couldn’t sleep. Sochta raha kya alag karta joh match jeet jaate (was thinking what different I could’ve done to make the team win). What if I could have bowled this ball or that ball? It’s not a nice feeling now. Somewhere something is missing but I’m trying to move on,” he added.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back