What's new
The Debate And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: India wins a low-scoring thriller against New Zealand in Lucknow

Brexiter

India beat New Zealand in 2nd T20i
The second T20I between India and New Zealand took place at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow on Sunday, where the hosts won the match and levelled the ongoing 3-match series 1-1.

New Zealand’s decision to bat first after winning the toss turned out terribly wrong as they kept losing wickets at regular intervals and could only manage to reach 99 for the loss of 8 wickets in 20 overs.

Captain Mitchell Santner top-scored for the Black Caps with 19 off 23. No New Zealand batter could even cross the mark of 20-run. The Indian bowlers put up a dominating show, led by Arshdeep Singh, who picked up two wickets for just 7 runs. Similarly, Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav took one wicket each, while Deepak Hooda also bagged one scalp.

In response, the hosts also faced difficulties on a challenging track but eventually chased down the target of 100 with six wickets in hand. Suryakumar Yadav top-scored with an unbeaten 26 off 31, while opener Ishan Kishan made 19 off 32.

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

.@surya_14kumar hits the winning runs as #TeamIndia secure a 6-wicket win in Lucknow & level the #INDvNZ T20I series 1️⃣-1️⃣

Scorecard ▶️ https://t.co/p7C0QbPSJs#INDvNZ | @mastercardindia pic.twitter.com/onXTBVc2Wu

— BCCI (@BCCI) January 29, 2023

India held their nerve to win with one ball remaining! #INDvNZ ? Scorecard: https://t.co/6iWNedCshI pic.twitter.com/ts9sv5vYpZ

— ICC (@ICC) January 29, 2023

This pitch not the best suited for T20 cricket. Batting shouldn't be hard work in T20s. Sunday night sell out crowd deserved better. #INDvNZ

— Wasim Jaffer (@WasimJaffer14) January 29, 2023

No sixes but nonetheless a thrilling match. New Zealand fought valiantly to defend 100 with 17 overs of spin but in the end @surya_14kumar and @hardikpandya7 fought it out and a good win for team India. With the series level 1-1 , should be a cracker of a decider at Ahmedabad. pic.twitter.com/oTeH05noye

— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) January 29, 2023

Some Kattipidi Vaithiyam to end the day with! ??#INDvNZ #WhistlePodu ??
?: @BCCI pic.twitter.com/6qBjuY5ibL

— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) January 29, 2023

The great advantage of having dual skill players in the team. Hooda was perfect for this situation.

— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) January 29, 2023

Congratulations to the Men in Blue for a nail-biting win over the Black Caps! What a game, what a team! ??? #INDvNZ #BelieveInBlue

Tune into the 3rd and final Mastercard #INDvNZ T20I
Feb 1 | 7 PM onwards | Star Sports & Disney+Hotstar. #BelieveInBlue pic.twitter.com/ZHBOjiWvVE

— Star Sports (@StarSportsIndia) January 29, 2023

Lowest run-rate in a men's T20I match in India:

5.02 – IND v NZ at Lucknow, 2023
5.21 – IND v SL at Vizag, 2016
5.37 – IND v NZ at Nagpur, 2016
5.44 – IND v SA at Cuttack, 2015
5.59 – IND v SL at Pune, 2016

— Kausthub Gudipati (@kaustats) January 29, 2023

Player of the Match – Surya Dada ?#OneFamily #INDvNZ

— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) January 29, 2023

The series is now level. ?

The Captain & Vice Captain have taken ?? over the line. ?

?: BCCI #PlayBold #TeamIndia #INDvNZ pic.twitter.com/Dvi3MP7tPe

— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) January 29, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back